Monday, May 21, 2007

The Senses

1. At the movie theater there was the smell of popcorn and sweet candy.
2. At the restaurant with my son and his family, we heard the horse race (Pimlico Preakness was running), the voices of other customers and wait staff, the clinking of dishes, and the sounds of pouring liquids.
3. Listening to music is rather emotional for me, as I can easily picture in my mind what we were doing when the song made a first impression on me. As, "Stranger on the Shore" reminds me of when Fuad and I took the kids to the drive-in in Connecticut. "Downtown" was my daughters favorite song and I still hear and see her as a 2-year-old singing along.
4. The morning shower is so soothing and refreshing. The walk with AJ is invigorating.
5. In the grocery store I imagine the taste of the fruits, but don't really get a response in the other aisles.

No comments: